Wrong distances

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Wrong distances

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hopefully the last question from my side…

My Makelangelo is now running with a arduino mega and ramps 1.4. Everything is moving and seems fine. Except the traveled distances are not correct. I adjusted the pulley diameter, but this seems no help in this case… Which parameters are also responsible for the travelled distances?

Also, with the current Buy-software (7.8) i can’t choose “Custom Hardware” in the settings dialog, why??

I really hope to draw my first drawings tomorrow, but right now i have no clue what the problems could be…

Also a big applause to Dan, the software seems great and offers many different conversion styles ! ๐Ÿ˜€

Dan
    Keymaster

‘custom hardware’ is a new feature. maybe there’s a bug in the code.

your stepper motors may be 200 step per turn instead of our 400. Also the latest firmware will report back “D10 [hardware version]”. If your hardware version is set to 2 or 3 then the software will lock down that choice. For a custom machine you want to reply to a D10 with “D10 V0”, so the software knows it is a custom machine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes they are 200 steps*16, but i adjusted the value in the firmware so this should be correct. Is the steps per turn value also locked as 200 if the hardware version is defined as 2 or 3? Because the D10 command returned still “V2”.. I will try tho change the define vlaue to 0 and try it again (and will report the results of course).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Dan, it seems to work now ! Changing the hardware version from 2 to 0 made the difference i think.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What could be the problem if the bot travels in vertical direction are correct, but in horizontal not? If i click border, the bot travels 3 cm over the right side of the paper and about 1 cm on the left, but in vertical direction it travels correct. And yes the paper is in the middle of the machine ๐Ÿ˜‰ *constantly scratching head*

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.