USB/Connect

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using 64 bit windows 7 machine. I have USB connected to the 3.2 board, yet when I try to connect through the software, a window pops up, has a USB tab, but nothing else. Nothing in the drop down menu. I click OK and there is no indication that a connection exists.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Michael,

Did you ever solve this problem?
    I have the same problem on my Mac.

Cheers,

Harm

Dan
    Keymaster

This is a known problem with the newest versions of OSX. We don’t know anyone that’s solved it yet. I don’t have the latest version of OSX because my laptop is 5 years old (and still going strong!)

Dan
    Keymaster

I am now able to reproduce the problem – a forced update to OSX now means I can’t see any serial ports from makelangelo software. I’m currently pinging every contact I have to find other developers with this issue and how they are dealing with it. More news as soon as I have it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, this is what I asked you to do on March 11, good to see you finally woke up from hibernation.

Dan
    Keymaster

@harm it turns out my issues was simple – my usb cable was bad. I have the latest OSX and no problem connecting. Talking to people from Processing, Arduino, and JSSC (the library for connecting JAVA to serial ports) all have no problem. The issue is on your end.

I wish I could hibernate! Everything takes too long when I work alone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.