SD-Card /Menu does not work

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot SD-Card /Menu does not work

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    raphmann
    Participant

Hi Dan,

my new Makelangelo 5 does interrupt drawing after a few minutes when I
    load a file via USB/Computer connection. So I would like to load a file
    from SD-Card. But it does not work:

https://youtu.be/9fSO7zMdkG4

Please, could you help me?

Raphael

Dan
    Keymaster

It looks like you are using an older version of the firmware. Please update to the latest and let me know if that helps.

raphmann
    Participant

I have updated to the latest firmware, but it does not help: I can´t access the menu.

So I can´t work with the SD-Card. Drawing via USB interrupts again and again. What should I do?

Dan
    Keymaster

First I would try a different USB cable. bad cable can often lead to mid-print disconnect.

If you can’t access the menu at all then the button may be broken.

First thing I’d do is replace the USB cable. Then I would make extra certain the button does/does not work. if it does not work, I would look at replacing just the screen.

raphmann
    Participant

Today I used two new different USB cables. But there are still mid-print disconnects.
    It seems that the arduiono has a crash at when disconnecting happens. Nothing will work
    then, so that I have to start the machine from new. Then I also have to “Find home” again.
    But the home position is at another place as before (difference about 3 cm).

The Button:
    With pressing the button for reaching the menu I sometimes get access to the menu.
    But as soon as I rotate it for navigation, I´m out of the menu! The power LED of the
    arduino board blinks and it starts from new. So I can´t choose other menu items.
    There´s a disfunction by rotating the button.

There´s a disfunction by rotating the button even when I´m not in menu. As soon as I rotate
    the button, the power LEDs of the arduino board are blinking and it starts from new.

Replacing the display will not solve the problem, I guess. I have to replace the curcuit board
    with the button, too.

Is there an equal circuit board with button and a display, that I can buy in Germany?
    Will you send me a new one?

Best, Raphael

Dan
    Keymaster

Rotating the knob reboots the robot? I’ve never heard of that before! Maybe try a different power supply? The kit ships with a 12v2a supply. there is nothing wrong with getting 12v and more than 2 amps. Try a 12v3a supply, maybe that will help.

raphmann
    Participant

I´m surprised, too. On Monday I can buy a new supply with 12v3a.

If the new supply does not solve the problem, is it possible to replace
    something?

Have a look at the dysfunction:
    https://youtu.be/zbrOOMcGFuc

Dan
    Keymaster

What is that control board?! There’s the problem – it probably has a different pin configuration from the RUMBA.

raphmann
    Participant

Control board: What information do you need?

This morning I was at our electronic store and I bought a new supply, but the
    behaviour is still the same: Rotating the knob leads to blinking on the control board.

Dan
    Keymaster

What is that control board? Make and model, please. The circuits in that board are unknown, which means the behavior is unknown.

Also please where did you get this machine?

raphmann
    Participant

First to say: I got it from you! You sent me that machine, after the Makelangelo 3.2
    did not work. We had an exchange – I hope, you remember? 🙂

Now I try to find out make and model – but where can I find it?!

Dan
    Keymaster

Please send me a clear photo of the control board. So far it does not look like a RUMBA board, which is the only model we use.

http://reprap.org/mediawiki/images/thumb/1/17/Rumba4.jpg/500px-Rumba4.jpg

This is a rumba board. Notice the differences on the left hand side.

raphmann
    Participant

These lines ar printed on the backside of the board:

Make: BIQU
    Bord Model: RUMBA
    OPEN SOURCE
    3D Printer Electronics
    http://www.bigtree-tech.com
    MADE IN CHINA

Dan
    Keymaster

Here is a picture on the BIQU site

BIQU Rumba For 3D printer motherboard rumba MPU RUMBA optimized version control Board with 6pcs A4988 Stepper Driver

Still doesn’t look like your board. The CPU is missing on the left side of your board. All our units are tested before shipping. Please send me a clear photo of your board, front and back.

raphmann
    Participant

Well, I haven´t changed the board! How can I send you the images – per Mail?

raphmann
    Participant

So, I have sent the photos to your mail: [email protected]

raphmann
    Participant

I have looked at your link. The BIQU Rumba for 3D printer motherboard is the one I have!
    The only difference: the jumpers are at another place and the Mini-Circiut-Boards are red
    instead of blue and they are less.

Obviously you have send me a Makelangelo 5 with this wrong board.

raphmann
    Participant

Ok, as you answered me per mail, it is actually the right board yet.

You asked me: “Why is one of the ribbon cables (grey with red stripe) turned around? they should both have the red stripe on the same side.”

I did not turn it around. Which one do I have to turn, left or right?

Dan
    Keymaster

It’s hard to see in the photo, but on my boards the red stripe is on the right where it touches the RUMBA board, and also on the right where it touches the LCD.

raphmann
    Participant

YEAH! That´s it. Now the menu works.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.