Most Drawings in an Hour?

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Most Drawings in an Hour?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

I have a goal to crank out as many drawings as I can in an hour to give away at an art show demonstration. I think people will try to find my station if viewers are walking around with my pictures. I think it is fair to divide the page in 4 quarters and give away a smaller picture, or to just draw 1/4 of the page so that it could be made into a thank you card.

1) what subject matter might viewers recommend that offers high interest (on a plain size piece of paper (letter in US))

2) I’m using a Makeangelo 2, and the mm/min doesn’t seem to be changing the speed of the pen even after clicking “set” Any one else experience this?

3) Please post an “records” that you have for production in an hour. Sample pictures would be awesome!

Anonymous
    Inactive

1) depends on the audience. You sci fi fans love the hogwarts logo or a tardis.

2) the mm/min only affects etch-a-sketch style drawing. All image conversion routines are at a hard coded speed. Would you like to have this as a tweakable setting?

3) The fastest way to make a lot of pictures would be to convert a vector image directly to gcode. in other words, it would draw exactly the lines you ask for instead of going round and round or back and forth a lot. I don’t have support for that yet – DXF and SVG formats are complex!

EdmondsLibrarian
    Participant

I like the idea of logos from Harry Potter (I am still a librarian)!

I don’t think a speed changing button would add or subtract anything from the experience overall. There was a time when a slower speed might have improved the “wobbles” of my pictures, but I think I’ve worked these out over time.

Your support so far is amazing! I know that a robot arm is in my future because of it.

One other idea about paper- I recently saw whole sheet post its for laptops. It would be cool to have a bunch of these on a sheet, to draw a picture, then share the picture with the audience participants possibly asking them to re-assemble the picture again at another location. I think it was expensive, but probably not prohibitive.

Anonymous
    Inactive

DIY Jigsaws?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.