Makelangelo "Start at line #" not working.

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo "Start at line #" not working.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    devburke
    Participant

Hi! I’m having trouble with the working one I’ve got now. I had a drawing that I stopped and wanted to restart. It stopped at line 27503/31000 (I’m rounding, I don’t remember exactly). I made an adjustment, and went back, and tried to start it again at 27000, but when I do, it always just starts at the beginning.

I also tried entering 27000/31000 (or whatever the actual value was). In this case, it just does nothing, but says it’s drawing (as in, the start buttons are grayed out, and the pause and halt buttons are enabled). As I using this command incorrectly?

devburke
    Participant

It’s been awhile since I did much programming, and my knowledge even then is limited, so this may be off-base, but I gave this a shot.

I was digging into the code for the Makelangelo program, and this is the startAt method in Makelangelo.java:

public void startAt(long lineNumber) {
    		gCode.setLinesProcessed(0);
    		robot.sendLineToRobot("M110 N" + gCode.getLinesProcessed());
    		cameraViewPanel.setLinesProcessed(gCode.getLinesProcessed());
    		startDrawing();
    	}

The lineNumber parameter is never used. This is consistent with my experience using the command in the GUI; it seems to ignore the number I type in and start at the beginning. I don’t have my machine with me at the moment to try out modifying this, but I assume there should be a line in here to handle lineNumber. Maybe the setLinesProcessed(0); command should use lineNumber instead of 0? Assuming, that is, that the regular “start” button just calls this method with lineNumber set at 0.

Or I could be reading it wrong.

What do you think?

Dan
    Keymaster

Fixed in the latest release. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.