Makelangelo Software Won't Let Me Press Start

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo Software Won't Let Me Press Start

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Everyone!

I downloaded the 7.11.0 software from the makelangelo site. When I insert the picture I want drawn, the Start button would still be light gray and when I click it, nothing happens. I connected my power supply to an outlet and the arduino cable to my computer. I’m really frustrated now and I don’t know what to do. Please help. Thanks!!!

Adam Youssef

Anonymous
    Inactive

Another problem,

I downloaded the Arduino IDE firmware from this website and I opened the folder from File Explorer. Since I own an Arduino Mega 2560, I opened the RUMBA folder and clicked on the MAKELANGELOFIRMWARERUMBA arduino file. The arduino page opened as usual. I went to the tools and made sure everything was matching the Arduino I was using. (Btw, I’m using COM 4) Then, we I go to upload the firmware onto my arudino, an error states, “Error compiling Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560”. My arduino is connected to my computer using the cable. Not sure what I should do. PLZ help!!! Thanks!

Adam Youssef

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is the error code:

C:\Users\Hanan\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_MarginallyClever-Makelangelo-firmware-7.11.0-0-g83d73a2 (1).zip\MarginallyClever-Makelangelo-firmware-83d73a2\makelangeloFirmwareRumba\makelangeloFirmwareRumba.ino:13:23: fatal error: configure.h: No such file or directory.

I hope you guys can help me!!!

Thanks

Adam Youssef

Dan
    Keymaster

> .zip

Here’s your issue. Arduino is only opening the main file instead of all the files in the folder in the zip. Unzip them somewhere and double click the main file. Arduino will have tabs, including configure.h, and it will then be able to find and compile all the parts.

After that you’ll want to run D11, calibrate your belt lengths for auto-homing, and adjust your pen lifter angles. Then you should be ready to start drawing.

By buying from us you not only support our work building sweet sweet robots, you would have avoided all these issues.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Dan

One more thing. The problem with the configure h thing is thankfully fixed, so thank you for that! When I upload it, the green bar goes all the way to the end as if it finished uploading, then says this:

Sketch uses 43136 bytes (16%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
    Global variables use 3935 bytes (48%) of dynamic memory, leaving 4257 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
    avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
    avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
    An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I hope you can help! Thanks!

Adam Youssef

Dan
    Keymaster

you’re having trouble uploading the sketch to the machine.

check that the jumper is set to “stand alone” and that you have a 12v2a power supply connected. There’s a slight chance that low power USB connection isn’t enough when the motors are connected. Or you have a bad board. We test all our boards on arrival to make sure this never happens.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How can I set jumper to stand alone?

Dan
    Keymaster

Do you see the spot where it says “stand alone” and “usb power”, and there’s a jumper connecting two of the three pins? Make sure it’s on the middle pin AND the pin closer to “stand alone”. a pair of tweezers will jently pull it off and get it back on. if you have long nails and tiny fingers you can do it by hand.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.