Makelangelo software "cache" ?

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Makelangelo software "cache" ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ive manage to build myself another robot after i have fried the first, and make it bigger withe a board of 1600×980 suitable to print on A1 paper, but now ican’t save my new settings ( change machine dimensinos click save-nothing happeds, if i change pulley dimension and click save it saves but only the pulley dimension), i have updated/rolled back teh software and the firmware, and unistaled/instaled java again+ run a cleenup of temp files in windows 10, the old setting keeps “poping-up” , and it remeber the machine name #1 :). I wonder if the setting are in some hidden files?

Dan
    Keymaster

I changed settings to separate software settings and hardware settings. (example: makelangelo 5 only has one width, CanChangeWidth=false) It seems the last release has a bug in this neighborhood. I’ve got a patch but I haven’t confirmed the patch works yet. I’m not smart enough to write a unit test to guarantee it works every time. I don’t want to release a new version that’s still broken.

Can you build the latest master branch from github and tell me if it’s better for you? the gitub branch is here:
    https://github.com/marginallyclever/makelangelo-software
    instructions to build and test are here:
    https://github.com/marginallyclever/makelangelo-software/wiki

Anonymous
    Inactive

Seems the patch works1!I have run the project thru eclipse and it started with the “correct numbers” 1600*980. In eclipse it shows me this ” Nov 25, 2016 12:16:25 AM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
    WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(…) returned error code 5.” And i cant export it into a runnable jar-file.(or I done it wrong)

Dan
    Keymaster

We are aware of the warning, it is being ignored because it’s not relevant.
    You’d have to create a new debug configuration with name=”package makelangelo” and goals=”package”. then run that config and it will export to ./java/target/Makelangelo-[VERSION].jar

Anonymous
    Inactive

(i have read the tutorials you provided) It was giving me some errors, when it was testing, i know realize i can skip them. Now it works wonders, right corner its a little bit “pulled-out” but i will messure the lenght again. i’m sure thats the problem. Thank you very much!

Dan
    Keymaster

the unit tests gave errors? that should never happen. please tell me what errors you saw.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[INFO] Scanning for projects…
    [INFO]
    [INFO] ————————————————————————
    [INFO] Building Makelangelo 7.9.0
    [INFO]
    [INFO] — maven-enforcer-plugin:1.4:enforce (enforce-java) @ Makelangelo —
    [INFO]
    [INFO] — maven-resources-plugin:2.7:resources (default-resources) @ Makelangelo —
    [INFO] Using ‘UTF-8’ encoding to copy filtered resources.
    [INFO] Copying 1 resource
    [INFO] Copying 27 resources
    [INFO]
    [INFO] — maven-compiler-plugin:3.3:compile (default-compile) @ Makelangelo —
    [INFO] Nothing to compile – all classes are up to date
    [INFO]
    [INFO] — maven-resources-plugin:2.7:testResources (default-testResources) @ Makelangelo —
    [INFO] Using ‘UTF-8’ encoding to copy filtered resources.
    [INFO] Copying 4 resources
    [INFO]
    [INFO] — maven-compiler-plugin:3.3:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ Makelangelo —
    [INFO] Nothing to compile – all classes are up to date
    [INFO]
    [INFO] — maven-surefire-plugin:2.18.1:test (default-test) @ Makelangelo —
    [INFO] Surefire report directory: C:\Users\rosoi\Desktop\Makelangelo-software-master\java\target\surefire-reports

——————————————————-
    T E S T S
    ——————————————————-
    Running com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.FloatFieldTest
    FR text=1000,00
    FR value=1000
    US text=1000.00
    US value=1000
    Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.213 sec – in com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.FloatFieldTest
    Running com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.PreferencesHelperTest
    Nov 25, 2016 2:08:15 AM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init>
    WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(…) returned error code 5.
    Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.434 sec <<< FAILURE! – in com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.PreferencesHelperTest
    testMachineConfigurationNames(com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.PreferencesHelperTest) Time elapsed: 0.059 sec <<< FAILURE!
    java.lang.AssertionError: null
    at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
    at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
    at org.junit.Assert.assertFalse(Assert.java:64)
    at org.junit.Assert.assertFalse(Assert.java:74)
    at com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.PreferencesHelperTest.testMachineConfigurationNames(PreferencesHelperTest.java:54)

Running com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.VersionTest
    Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.028 sec – in com.marginallyclever.makelangelo.VersionTest
    Running com.marginallyclever.makelangeloRobot.MakelangeloRobotTest
    Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.023 sec – in com.marginallyclever.makelangeloRobot.MakelangeloRobotTest

Results :

Failed tests:
    PreferencesHelperTest.testMachineConfigurationNames:54 null

Tests run: 6, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
    [INFO] Total time: 7.476 s
    [INFO] Finished at: 2016-11-25T02:08:16+02:00
    [INFO] Final Memory: 11M/113M
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.18.1:test (default-test) on project Makelangelo: There are test failures.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] Please refer to C:\Users\rosoi\Desktop\Makelangelo-software-master\java\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
    [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>

-<testsuite failures=”0″ skipped=”0″ errors=”0″ tests=”2″ time=”0.023″ name=”com.marginallyclever.makelangeloRobot.MakelangeloRobotTest”>

-<properties>

<property name=”java.runtime.name” value=”Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment”/>

<property name=”sun.boot.library.path” value=”C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\bin”/>

<property name=”java.vm.version” value=”25.111-b14″/>

<property name=”java.vm.vendor” value=”Oracle Corporation”/>

<property name=”maven.multiModuleProjectDirectory” value=”C:\Users\rosoi\Desktop\Makelangelo-software-master\java”/>

<property name=”java.vendor.url” value=”http://java.oracle.com/”/&gt;

<property name=”path.separator” value=”;”/>

<property name=”guice.disable.misplaced.annotation.check” value=”true”/>

<property name=”java.vm.name” value=”Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM”/>

<property name=”file.encoding.pkg” value=”sun.io”/>

<property name=”user.script” value=””/>

<property name=”user.country” value=”RO”/>

<property name=”sun.java.launcher” value=”SUN_STANDARD”/>

<property name=”sun.os.patch.level” value=””/>

<property name=”java.vm.specification.name” value=”Java Virtual Machine Specification”/>

<property name=”user.dir” value=”C:\Users\rosoi\Desktop\Makelangelo-software-master\java”/>

<property name=”java.runtime.version” value=”1.8.0_111-b14″/>

<property name=”java.awt.graphicsenv” value=”sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment”/>

<property name=”java.endorsed.dirs” value=”C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\lib\endorsed”/>

<property name=”os.arch” value=”amd64″/>

<property name=”java.io.tmpdir” value=”C:\Users\rosoi\AppData\Local\Temp\”/>

<property name=”line.separator” value=” “/>

<property name=”java.vm.specification.vendor” value=”Oracle Corporation”/>

<property name=”user.variant” value=””/>

<property name=”os.name” value=”Windows 10″/>

<property name=”classworlds.conf” value=”C:\Users\rosoi\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.m2e.launching\launches\m2conf7375366151453366068.tmp”/>

<property name=”sun.jnu.encoding” value=”Cp1252″/>

<property name=”java.library.path” value=”C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_111/bin/server;C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_111/bin;C:/Program Files/Java/jre1.8.0_111/lib/amd64;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Users\rosoi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;C:\Users\rosoi\Desktop;;.”/>

<property name=”java.specification.name” value=”Java Platform API Specification”/>

<property name=”java.class.version” value=”52.0″/>

<property name=”sun.management.compiler” value=”HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers”/>

<property name=”os.version” value=”10.0″/>

<property name=”user.home” value=”C:\Users\rosoi”/>

<property name=”user.timezone” value=”Europe/Athens”/>

<property name=”java.awt.printerjob” value=”sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob”/>

<property name=”java.specification.version” value=”1.8″/>

<property name=”file.encoding” value=”Cp1252″/>

<property name=”user.name” value=”rosoi”/>

<property name=”java.class.path” value=”/C:/Users/rosoi/eclipse/java-neon/eclipse/../../../.p2/pool/plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime_1.7.0.20160603-1931/jars/plexus-classworlds-2.5.2.jar”/>

<property name=”java.vm.specification.version” value=”1.8″/>

<property name=”sun.arch.data.model” value=”64″/>

<property name=”java.home” value=”C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111″/>

<property name=”sun.java.command” value=”org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher -B package”/>

<property name=”java.specification.vendor” value=”Oracle Corporation”/>

<property name=”user.language” value=”ro”/>

<property name=”awt.toolkit” value=”sun.awt.windows.WToolkit”/>

<property name=”java.vm.info” value=”mixed mode”/>

<property name=”java.version” value=”1.8.0_111″/>

<property name=”java.ext.dirs” value=”C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext”/>

<property name=”sun.boot.class.path” value=”C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\lib\resources.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\lib\jfr.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\classes”/>

<property name=”java.vendor” value=”Oracle Corporation”/>

<property name=”maven.home” value=”C:\Users\rosoi\Desktop\Makelangelo-software-master\java\EMBEDDED”/>

<property name=”file.separator” value=”\”/>

<property name=”java.vendor.url.bug” value=”http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/”/&gt;

<property name=”sun.cpu.endian” value=”little”/>

<property name=”sun.io.unicode.encoding” value=”UnicodeLittle”/>

<property name=”sun.desktop” value=”windows”/>

<property name=”sun.cpu.isalist” value=”amd64″/>

</properties>

<testcase time=”0.023″ name=”testPaperSettingChanges” classname=”com.marginallyclever.makelangeloRobot.MakelangeloRobotTest”/>

<testcase time=”0″ name=”test” classname=”com.marginallyclever.makelangeloRobot.MakelangeloRobotTest”/>

</testsuite>
    hope it helps

Dan
    Keymaster

Huh! How did you get a machine GUID of -1?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know… on the first one was something like 18XXX.

Dan
    Keymaster

Does the list of GUIDs still include your 18xxx number? you can scroll through them when you’re not connected.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, i have -1 from the first time i have change the boards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

what it means?

Dan
    Keymaster

Every machine in the world has a GUID greater than zero. When a machine is brand new it should have GUID 0. The GUID is replaced the first time it connects to the software with a unique number. You should never get a -1. The test is confirming that there are no junk GUIDs. I don’t know how your machine was set to -1 or why your software forgot that another number existed. it’s not fatal, just… very odd.

Anonymous
    Inactive

On my first machine i used the limit test to calibrate it. now i can’t manage to do it. it kinda stops, a few centemeters from completeting and ho to the home position (not the orginal one, a few centimeters lower allso), where should I look?
    I have tried 1 changing lenght of machine -/+5cm and home position -/+5cm . nothing changed exept “bowing”.

Dan
    Keymaster

I noticed in the last version that the limit test was going to the top center of paper, then the four corners, then directly home instead of finishing the top edge of the paper. now it finishes the top edge.

Does this help identify the problem at all?

https://github.com/MarginallyClever/PolargraphDifference

Anonymous
    Inactive

this is what i got on long runs i got this kinda splitting 5 sorry for the delay, i dont have good internet in the country side…

Dan
    Keymaster

You’re losing steps, or the string is slipping on the pulley. We switched to belts with teeth to eliminate the problem.

So many subtle design choices…

Anonymous
    Inactive

[url=https://postimg.org/image/4jyxf6yt7/][img]https://s17.postimg.org/4jyxf6yt7/WP_20161127_22_15_25_Pro.jpg[/img][/url]
    i shall go find them steps πŸ™‚ i found lego and fishing wire can take any form πŸ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well.i still can’t make it run properly, changed the motors, pulleys (11mm diametrs plastic,ruber,metal and ruber) changed wires to the motors 4x1mm same lenght, shields v1 and v2 , the suspenison wires from nylon to textile fishing wires, one side is still droopy. at this moment i think when I changed (some versions ago) the pulley from 11 to 12 then back again to 11 it keeps the setting from one pulley. i will try to purcahe localy a belt and pulleys… then i will give up πŸ˜€

Dan
    Keymaster

wire has never worked for me. I tried by nylon and textile. maybe also check that the pulley is not slipping on the motor shaft. In the early days we used 3d printed pulleys and they would come loose very often.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.