Impossibile to change speed

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Impossibile to change speed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear all,

I use an Arduino and an Adafruit Motor Shield v2, with the last firmware of Makelangelo and lat version of control software

Indipendently from the speed that I specifiy in the settings the machine works always as the same speed (low)

I have setted the verbose command and I see that the G00 and G01 commands report always F100

How can I change it?

Thanks!

Dan
    Keymaster

What I know for sure is that the M2 top speed is far lower than the M3 and later editions.

I’ll look into it. Are you calling

G0 F[something >100] X[something] Y[something]
    M114

and the answer includes

F100

?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Dan,

I tried with G0 F300 X10 Y10 and the machine report the same instruction

So I I tried with G0 F600 X15 Y15 and the machine report G0 F600 X15 Y15 but the speed is the same…no changes indipendently from the value of Fxxx

M114 report X15.00 Y15.00 Z180.00 F600.00

HX=0.00 HY=39.26

Dan
    Keymaster

In that case I’d say the software is working correctly and you’re hitting the top speed of the M2, which was always pretty low. One of the big reasons we moved to the M3 controller was the much higher speed.

The Adafruit shield does not have a way to step motor A N steps and motor B M steps simultaneously so that they finish at the same time. The Arduino has to do the timing work, which means it has to send every step command to the Adafruit shield one at a time. This is bad because the Adafruit shield talks to the Arduino through i2c, so every step isn’t just “step now”, it’s “board [address, step now.” and every board has to say “is this message for me? Oh, now listen to what it says. now do that.” much much slower.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.