Help: How to install "Makelangelo Software"

Shop Forum Makelangelo Polargraph Art Robot Help: How to install "Makelangelo Software"

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

when i click on “start windows” this is what they give me: “” java not found “”

Dan
    Keymaster

Sounds like you don’t have Java installed. https://java.com/en/download/

Anonymous
    Inactive

no,i already have the same version on my laptop .thank for advance

Dan
    Keymaster

> ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
    > ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
    > Java not found.
    > Press any key to continue . . .

Something like that?

I made some fixes to the start windows.bat file. Get the latest version here and let me know if it helps.

https://github.com/MarginallyClever/Makelangelo-software/blob/master/start%20windows.bat

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!

I’m having the exact same issue with the *.bat file (on windows 10)
    It says that 64 bit java is installed, but it can’t find the regidtry key or value.

The link just above doesn’t work neither…

Thanks for any help

Dan
    Keymaster

@toulouse – Did you try https://github.com/MarginallyClever/Makelangelo-software/blob/master/start%20windows.bat ?
    Please copy paste the output so I can exactly what happened.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes i tried to go to this link but it send me to 404 error :/

here what i got when i run the *.bat :

64 bit Windows
    64 bit Java installed.
    Erreur : Erreur : le système n’a pas trouvé la clé ou la valeur de Registre spécifiée.
    Erreur : Erreur : le système n’a pas trouvé la clé ou la valeur de Registre spécifiée.
    Java not found.
    Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer…

traducing:

error : error : system can’t find the specified registry key or value

Dan
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

ok this link works, but I think this *.bat is the one I was already using….I’ve got the same issue.

Probably I am doing something wrong!?
    Does it need to be install(copy) on the system disk?

Dan
    Keymaster

please try:

– start command prompt (type cmd in cortana to get command prompt, then click it.)
    – run REG QUERY “HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment” and post the results.
    – run REG QUERY “HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment” and post the results.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.10586]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. Tous droits réservés.

C:\Users\christophe>REG QUERY “HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment”

C:\Users\christophe>REG QUERY “HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment”

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
    CurrentVersion REG_SZ 1.8
    BrowserJavaVersion REG_SZ 11.101.2

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.8
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.8.0_101

Dan
    Keymaster

Ok, now please run REG QUERY “HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\%CurVer%” /v JavaHome

Anonymous
    Inactive

C:\Users\christophe>REG QUERY “HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\%CurVer%” /v JavaHome

ps : tks for your time

Dan
    Keymaster

We’ve ruled out a problem with your installation of JAVA …. Aha!

Open start windows.bat in a text editor. Find

:32in64
    @ECHO 32 bit Java installed on 64 bit Windows.  Whoops?
    FOR /F "skip=2 tokens=2*" %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\%CurVer%" /v JavaHome') DO set JAVA_HOME=%%B
    GOTO endos

and change it to read

:32in64
    @ECHO 32 bit Java installed on 64 bit Windows.  Whoops?
    FOR /F "skip=2 tokens=2*" %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" /v CurrentVersion') DO set CurVer=%%B
    FOR /F "skip=2 tokens=2*" %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\%CurVer%" /v JavaHome') DO set JAVA_HOME=%%B
    GOTO endos
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I did it…and unfortunatly i’ve got the same error…

Dan
    Keymaster

Huh.

Please try command prompt: REG QUERY “HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment” /v CurrentVersion and post the result.

Anonymous
    Inactive

C:\Users\christophe>REG QUERY “HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment” /v CurrentVersion

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
    CurrentVersion REG_SZ 1.8

Dan
    Keymaster

So… here’s the wierd thing. Your registry keys store JAVA settings in

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

Which is only supposed to happen if you have 32 bit Java in 64 bit windows.

REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" /v CurrentVersion

Works on its own, which finds the current version.

FOR /F "skip=2 tokens=2*" %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" /v CurrentVersion') DO set CurVer=%%B
    IF DEFINED "%CurVer%" (GOTO 32in64) ELSE (GOTO 64in64)

Does not appear to be setting the CurVer value, so the batch thinks you have 64 bit Java in 64 bit windows, and then tries to call

FOR /F "skip=2 tokens=2*" %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" /v CurrentVersion') DO set CurVer=%%B
    FOR /F "skip=2 tokens=2*" %%A IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\%CurVer%" /v JavaHome') DO set JAVA_HOME=%%B

Which points to the wrong location, HKLM\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment.

I don’t know why IF DEFINED “%CurVer%” (GOTO 32in64) ELSE (GOTO 64in64) is failing. Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok I found a solution. On the jaa website it says that we might need to install both 32 and 64 bit version. So I install the 64 bit version and now it warks!

Thanks again for the support.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.